REPRESENTING AND ADVISING LAW FIRMS, BAR ASSOCIATIONS, GOVERNMENTS, CORPORATIONS AND NGO'S
INVESTMENT, PROCUREMENT, FINANCING
• Project finance - review and assistance with project finance matters involving Ex-Im Bank
• World Bank, MIGA, IFC, Ex-Im Bank, OPIC, TDA, private banking and insurance programs and policies; Strategic analysis of, and assistance - various clients engaged in international project finance transactions.
• Procurement - US Government Contracts - FAR and DFAR projects in Iraq and Afghanistan – contracts and subcontracts and related matters.
• Representation of US Energy Company with projects in Middle East, Africa, Central Asia.
• Project finance - review and assistance with project finance matters on behalf of, Ex-Im Bank; strategic analysis of, and assistance with, World Bank, MIGA, IFC, Ex-Im Bank, OPIC, TDA and private banking and insurance programs and policies on behalf of various clients engaged in international project finance transactions in Poland - agricultural, energy and finance sectors, Czech Republic - financial, real estate development and technical training sectors, Indonesia - satellite and ground station construction; Russia – satellite and space launch projects, stock exchange re-structuring and financing; Ukraine – space launch projects; Mexico – Eximbank project finance projects.
• Joint Ventures - assisted US technology company to establish series of international joint ventures relative to environmental clean-up matters throughout Central Europe and Russia; was international counsel to US legal publishing company (InterLaw) engaged in computerization and publishing of English-language versions of all laws in Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Russia, Rumania, Ukraine, Belarus; advised and assisted US company relative to mineral acquisition transaction in Russia; represented US, Ukrainian and Uzbekhistan interests in proposed cement for agricultural products barter transaction; conceived, negotiated and managed US-UK publishing joint venture (Butterworths UK).
• Energy - represented major international US oil company (Mobil Oil) with corporate matters and agreements in French Africa: Mali, Madagascar, Tchad, Congo, Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Benin, Togo.
• Insurance - represented several US life insurance companies relative to acquisitions of European and Korean life insurance companies; represented US insurer relative to privatization and joint venture insurance project in Poland.
• Poland - agricultural, energy and finance sectors.
• Czech Republic - financial, real estate development and technical training sectors.
• Indonesia – satellite and ground station construction.
• Ukraine – space launch projects.
• Mexico – Eximbank projects.
• Africa; multi-country - Foreign Investment; 1999 – Review of railway concession agreement in conjunction with national foreign investment laws and corporate and commercial statutes, including OHADA provisions concerned with multi-country railway concession project: Cote d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso and Cameroun railways with South African, Belgian, French and Irish participation.
• Madagascar -Telecommunications - managed and directed legal aspects of telecommunications sector restructuring and privatization for Madagascar in World Bank-financed project – French.
• Africa – Multi-country; 1998 - reviewed African statutory and regulatory provisions for world-wide satellite communications project.
• Czech Republic privatization - consultations with Czech government officials regarding privatization of financial services sector, 1992.
• Various: Cote d’Ivoire – selected by Cote d’Ivoire Government as privatization expert at international conference on foreign investment, Abidjan 1995; paper presented in Marrakech, Morocco at UIA Annual Congress: “Telecommunications Privatisation”, 1994; Madagascar - responsible for legal aspects of telecommunications sector privatization, 1994-96; advised and assisted St. Petersburg, Russia stock exchange in privatization and restructuring, analyzed existing CIS, Russian and St. Petersburg legislation, 1990; advised and assisted with negotiations relative to Polish private sector, nation-wide acquisition of Government-owned, gasoline and petroleum products wholesale and retail distribution operations, 1993; analyzed legal framework in Poland, met with government officials and prepared documentation relative to organization and assistance of private-sector US company, with national privatization program relative to environmental treatment and fertilizer production in Poland using US composting technology; represented US insurance company relative to proposed privatization of Polish insurance companies, advised local and US promoters relative to conversion of government-owned castle into resort hotel complex.